BASSETERRE, St Kitts — The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) launched the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) Public Debt and Market Information Web Portal during a regional media conference held July 23, at the ECCB Headquarters, Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis.
This initiative, an important deliverable in the ECCB Strategic Plan 2017-2021, marked another milestone in the Bank’s ongoing enterprise to build out a financial market infrastructure within the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) that is fit for a modern, strong and diversified financial system.
In collaboration with member governments and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the ECCB developed the Public Debt and Market Information Web Portal out of a desire to ensure that the public has accurate and timely information available to make informed decisions.
potential users include:
- an investor considering the purchase of government security;
- a credit rating agency assessing the creditworthiness of a government;
- a regional or international financial institution undertaking surveillance;
- academics and students carrying out research; and
- Media practitioners seeking current and…