Dominica State College solicits applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the vacant position of Facilities Manager.
The Facilities Manager manages the College’s physical plant and maintenance operations the College consists of multiple sites and facilities. Oversees building maintenance scheduling, custodial, services, construction, and/or grounds maintenance. Plans and implements capital renewal and replacement projects for the facility, and develops and implements operating policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and manages multi-craft activities involved in preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance, cleaning, repair, and renovation of buildings, mechanical systems, physical plant, and/or grounds.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the Facilities Department, ensuring compliance with the College, city, and Laws of Dominica, policies, and regulations.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the department.
- Oversees activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; Monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of unit; performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Maintains compliance with departmental security, audit procedures, and College policy.
- Assists in facility and space usage planning; advises the administration on the application of institutional policy, regulations, and standards relating to the management of physical resources.
- Performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating of the Facilities Department.
- Develops and maintains emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Maintain record of scheduled repairs & maintenance
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or CXC with at least five years of experience directly related to specified duties and responsibilities.
- Completed Degree(s) in Engineering from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for some experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Project planning skills.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of all Dominica’s laws and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning.
- Knowledge of building trades repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and perform routine repairs on a range of equipment and facilities.
- Ability to inspect structures to determine repair needs.
Interested individuals should submit complete applications with:
- Signed cover letter
- Certified copies of transcripts
- Two professional letters of reference from individuals who can attest to abilities and performance
DOMINICA STATE COLLEGE
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 2.00 P.M. Friday, September 30, 2021.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.