Implementing Agency: Ministry of Blue and Green Economy, Agriculture, National Food Security
Name of Project – Emergency Agriculture Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project, (EALCRP)P166328
Loan No./Credit No. IDA 62310-DM/ Grant No.: IDA D3060-DM
Assignment Title: Consultancy for Engineering Design and Supervision of the Works for Restoration of
Key Infrastructure in Agriculture, Livestock, and Forestry
Reference No: DM-MAF-222644-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank toward the
cost of the Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project (EALCRP) and intends to
apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include engineering design and supervision of construction works for restoration of key infrastructure in the agriculture, livestock, and forestry and sub sectors. The total duration of the assignment is expected to be 24 calendar months for Phases 1, 2, 3 & 4. Phases 1 & 2 will consist of 4 months for development of the drawings, specifications and bidding documents and 4 months for the procurement of contractors.
Objective of the Consultancy Assignment
The overall objective of this engagement is to provide cadastral and topographical surveys, geotechnical, architectural, engineering design and construction supervision services for the preparation of design briefs, designs, working drawings, bills of quantities, bidding documents and estimates of cost for the proposed (new
designs), rehabilitation, upgrade and extension of the selected Agricultural and Forestry facilities in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
Brief Scope of Consultancy
The Consultants will provide cadastral and topographical surveys, design, documentation, management and
supervision services for the proposed (new designs), rehabilitation, upgrade and extension of the selected facilities. This work will include: surveys of existing sites, facilities, systems and services; preliminary and final designs; preliminary and final cost estimates; working drawings; bills of quantities; technical specifications; bidding documents and equipment and furniture schedules for the facilities identified.
The Consultants will prepare cost estimates at the preliminary and final design stages and when contract documentation is complete and will be responsible for ensuring that the construction of all facilities is completed within the agreed cost limits.
The consultancy will be carried out in four phases:
• Phase 1: visits to all sites and the carrying out of site, facility, systems and services surveys;
preparation of design briefs for all selected facilities.
• Phase 2: Preparation of preliminary proposal to include design implementation schedule over the
project duration, and preliminary designs.
• Phase 3: Submission of final designs, Structural, MEP and working drawings, projected monthly cash flow for construction, final implementation schedule, and contract documentation. Provision of assistance to the MBGEANFS in the preparation and evaluation of bids.
• Phase 4: The supervision of the construction works to ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the contract drawings and specifications, on time, within the contract amount and to an acceptable standard. The Consultants will also oversee the delivery and installation of Agriculture and Forestry equipment. This phase will also include monitoring the works during the defects liability period and the Consultants will be required to sign off the buildings at the end of this period.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found, on the following websites www.piu.agriculture.gov.dm ; www.dominica.gov.dm or email firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com.
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest
in providing the Services. Interested individuals should provide information demonstrating that they have the
minimum required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Ministry of Blue and Green, Agriculture and National Food Security through the Emergency Agriculture Livelihoods & Climate Resilience Project (EALCRP) now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interests indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World
Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and
November 2020 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the
following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e. 3.17 of the Procurement
The shortlisting criteria are:
• Be familiar with World Bank Procurement Guidelines, which can be obtained from the project
• Have at least five years verifiable engineering design experience with regard to World Bank funded
projects and/or similar projects funded by other multilateral and bilateral development partners.
• Understanding the demands for applying environmental considerations into the planning and
development of structures.
• Include references of relevant previous or current clients.
• Include CVs of key personnel to be used on the assignment.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Quality and Cost-based Selection (QCBS)
method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at EALCRP- Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at the 1
st Floor First Domestic Building, 19-21 King George V Street, Roseau at Tel: (767) 266-3981/275-1957 during office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Mondays and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays to Fridays.
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted by October 7
th, 2021, at 15.00hrs Eastern Caribbean time in a written form (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) to the following
Attn: Kervin Stephenson,
Ministry of Blue & Green Economy Agriculture
and National Food Security
First Floor, First Domestic Building
19-21 King George V Street, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: (767) 266-3981; 3998/275 1957
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com